Latest communication ways like emails, and text messages made it child’s play to send messages, docs, and other files with just a couple of mouse clicks. Though with these streamlined mechanisms available, there are still times when the recipient needs a paper fax. likewise, today there are many processes that make life easier for companies, such as virtual fax. for the same reason Today we will learn How to send a fax from Gmail? Ultimately, You will come to know that, “can I send a fax from my Gmail?”
With the help of one of the various third-party services available, you can send a fax directly from your Gmail account , thus avoiding the need for a physical document and a fax.
Steps For Sending a fax from Gmail
Once you’ve signed up for an online service such as ring-central that supports email faxing, the next step is to compose and send your fax.
It should be keep in mind that most services allow you to send a certain number of faxes for free, but you may need to purchase credits, tokens or a subscription to be able to send faxes from Gmail. These requirements often vary from one provider to another.
Also, the Gmail address you plan to send a fax from must be the same email address as your fax provider. If not, your transmission attempt will likely be rejected. If you don’t have an Gmail account, create one now.
- Create a new email message in Gmail, either within the app or in the browser-based interface, by clicking or tapping the Compose button.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number (including area code) in the To field , followed by the domain of your fax provider . For example, if you have an eFax account and are faxing 1-212-555-555-5555, enter the following: email@example.com . This domain value (in this case efaxsend.com ) is specific to your individual fax service, so it is important that you verify its exact syntax before completing this step.
- Now you can embed the content of the actual fax , which must be inside an attached file. It supports multiple formats , including DOC, JPG, PDF, and TXT, among others. Most fax services allow multiple attachments , the contents of which are often combined when the fax is sent. In a browser, click the Attach Files button , represented by a paper clip and located at the bottom of the New Message interface . If you’re using the Gmail app instead, tap the clipboard icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- As with a traditional fax message, you can also include a cover letter when sending a fax from Gmail. Write the desired content for the cover letter in the body of the message, as if you were sending a standard email.
- Add our fax file to the body of the message , we recommend that the file be .pdf, but there are many more file compatibility. Recommendations when attaching a file in Gmail; take care that the title does not have strange characters such as exclamations, hyphens, etc. Delete the signature of the mail if there is one and send the documents one by one.
Once you are happy with your cover letter and attachments, hit the Submit button . Your fax must be transmitted instantly, although the speed depends to some extent on the external provider. Confirmation of this fax transmission is usually available on the user interface of the fax service.